2.2
Additional Fees

I have been a loyal customer of NE for 13 years.I had and accident Dec 7, 2016 (my fault - does happen - first one in 13 years).

My car was taken to the body shop and racked up over $12,000 worth of damage (2014 Hyundai Sonata). The trade in value at the dealer is a little over $9,000 and a little over $12,000 on Kelly Blue Book. They would not total the car. It needed a whole new rear suspension, new exhaust, tire, axel, a bent frame and some more.

They said they use a different system to come up with the value and it was not considered totaled. It was a few hundred below the threshold. When I discussed this with my agent as well as I had a lawyer to review the situation, he began speaking to me in a voice, mocking me "oh, it's never going to run right" "Ooh, I'm gonna get a lawyer".... He made the fact that the car should be totaled my "fault" and that I basically expected too much from them.

It is now Jan. 27, 2017 and I still do not have my vehicle or been totaled. I am very disappointed with the customer service and attitude I received. I got another Ins.

company yesterday and dropped NW happily.You do not treat loyal or any other customer that way PERIOD.....

Review about: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Auto Claim.

I didn't like: Uneth.

Comments

If it was within a few hundred of being totaled on their estimate, why were you not able to take he money for the repair and payoff the note and do what you want?